Conarls Working Group
The Conarls Working Group was formed on 1st April 2009 as part of the amalgamation of The Combined Regions with Conarls, a co-operative of national and regional library organisations. The Group continues the work of Conarls, in particular:
- maintaining the Inter-Regional Unit (IRU) Cost Scheme, sometimes known as the ‘Conarls rate’;
- providing guidance and information about the Joint Fiction Reserves (JFRs);
- maintaining a database of non-English language fiction collections;
- providing advocacy and guidance on resource discovery, sharing and delivery matters.
The Conarls Working Group works with organisations outside TCR to ensure representation is as wide as possible, and to facilitate co-operative working. The organisations currently co-opted onto the Working Group are:
- The Forum for Interlending and Information Delivery (FIL);
- The International Association of Music Libraries, Archives and Documentation Centres, UK and Ireland Branch (IAML [UK & Irl]).